Functions of the Rubber Board
The functions of the Board as defined under the Act are:
To promote by such measures as it thinks fit for the development of the rubber industry
The measures may provide for
- undertaking, assisting or encouraging scientific, technological and economic research.
- training students in improved methods of planting, cultivation, manuring and spraying.
- the supply of technical advice to rubber growers
- improving the marketing of rubber.
- improving the quality of rubber and implementing the standards for quality, marking, labeling and packing for
the rubber produced or processed in imported in to or exported from India.
- the collection of statistics from owners of estates, dealers and manufacturers.
- securing better working conditions and the provisions and improvement of amenities and incentives for
- carrying out any other duties which may be vested in the Board under rules made under the Act.
It shall also be the duty of the Board
- to advise the Central Government on all matters relating to the development of the rubber industry, including
the import and export of rubber.
- to advise the Central Government with regard to participation in any international conference or scheme
relating to rubber.
- to submit to the Central Government and such other authorities as may be perscribed, annual report on its
activities and the working of the Act, and
- to prepare and furnish such other reports relating to the rubber industry as may be required by the Central
Government from time to time.