The Rubber Board functions under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry of the Government of India.
The Board has a Chairman appointed by the Central Government.
He is the principal executive officer responsible for the proper functioning of the Board and implementation
of its decisions and discharge of its duties under the Rubber Act.
There are 25 other members of the Board consisting of:
- Two members to represent the State of Tamil Nadu. One of them shall be a person representing rubber producing interest.
- Eight members to represent the State of Kerala. Six of them shall be representing the rubber producing interest, three of such being persons representing the small growers.
- Ten members to be nominated by the Central Government, two of whom shall represent the manufacturers and four labour.
- Three members of Parliament two of whom shall be elected by the House of the People and one by the Council of States.
- The Rubber Production Commissioner of the Rubber Board (ex-officio) and
- The Executive Director (ex-officio).
One of the members is elected as Vice-Chairman on an annual basis. The Board meets periodically for transacting business.
The committees are formed to scrutinise various matters and make recommendation to the Board. Besides the Executive Committee and the Research and Development Committee (statutory committees) the Board has five other committees viz.
- Planting Committee
- Statistics and Import/Export Committee
- Market Development Committee
- Labour Welfare Committee and
- Staff Affairs Committee.